Stop labelling food as 'healthy' and 'unhealthy'. The key to a healthy diet is balance. You can eat all foods as long as you eat them in moderation.
½ Baguette – or any bread of choice
10 Crumbed Chicken tenders – or can use plain
2 Eggs – boiled and sliced
2 Baby cos lettuce
½ cup Parmesan
2/3 cups Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons black olives –finely chopped (or 2 anchovy fillets finely chopped)
Juice of ½ a lemon
3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper – to taste
1. Preheat oven to 180°c on grill. Cut your bread into slices and place on oven tray with a drizzle of olive oil. Bake in the oven on the middle shelf until crispy.
2. Fill a small pot with cold water and place in your eggs. Bring to boil and cook for 8 minutes. (This will give you a hard yolk. Cook for less time depending on how you like your eggs).
3. Roughly diced up your bacon and place in a non-stick fry pan with no oil. Fry off until as crispy as you like it. Set aside.
4.Cook your chicken in a frying pan over low to medium heat with a small amount of olive oil. Cook for 3 – 4 minutes either side or until golden brown. Once cooled, slice into bite size pieces and set aside.
5. Finely dice your olives (or anchovies).
6. Combine yogurt, oil, garlic, olives, lemon juice and Parmesan. Mix well until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste, mix again. Taste Test!
7. (Check on bread in the oven)
8.Cut and wash your lettuce. Slice up your avocado.
9. Combine lettuce, chicken, bacon, avocado, Parmesan, eggs (halved), bread slices and pour over the dressing.
10. Mix well to combine and serve!
Tips and Tricks
Bacon – Don’t use any oil when cooking your bacon. Bacon may seem like a ‘unhealthy’ ingredient, but it still contains protein, vitamins b6 and b12. Is eating a lot of bacon everyday good for you? No. The key is moderation! You can eat any food you like, as long as it’s in moderation and you are eating a balanced diet.
Parmesan – If you can try purchasing whole Parmesan and shredding it yourself it is better for you. Pre shredded cheese contains an ‘anti clumping agent’ that is an extra ingredient you just don’t need in your diet. However, this is optional, if you can’t access this pre shredded is still fine to use.
Dressing – Making your own dressing is always a massive plus! You know exactly how much of each ingredient is going into it, so not only can you control the amount of salt and sugar, you can control the amount of the things you do/ don’t like. Example, I’m not a big fan of fish so I didn’t use any in the dressing even though it traditionally contains it.