This pulled pork is so easy to make. Put it on the morning and by the time dinner comes around all the hard work is done. I have a reel on our Instagram if you want to see the finished product.
- 2kg Pork Butt
- 2 medium brown onions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups sweet baby rays barbeque sauce
- Thinly slice your onion into rings and dice up the garlic if using fresh. And lay in bottom of the slow cooker. Pour over your stock or broth.
- Combine the sugar, chili powder, salt, cumin and cinnamon in a small bowl. Season your pork butt with the mixture and place the meat into the slow cooker along with any extra seasoning.
- Cook on low for 8 – 10 hours.
- Once pork is nice and soft, use two forks to shred the meat. Remove any large pieces of fat. You can do this in the slow cooker or remove the meat and it on a cutting board if you wish.
- If you feel there is too much liquid, you can remove some at this point. However, I kept all the liquid and just added a corn-starch slurry top thicken it.
- Once all meat is shredded, place back into the slow cooker. Along with your barbeque sauce and mix.
- Season with salt to taste and enjoy!
To make a slurry, start from 1 to 2 ratio of corn-starch to water. For example, prepare 1 tablespoon of corn-starch and 2 tablespoons of water and mix well.